Friday, March 7, 2008

The Umbrella of Light

How simple a thought
That when there is light
You can see where you are going
And when there is not
The path instills fear

When there is light
Love is felt closer to your decisions
You can think of the next thing to do
You will ask for help in a moment
Since the risk of asking is little for you

When we are not sure
Of where to go next
We have options and we weigh them
With what will bring us the greater reward
And what the drawbacks could be
We try to create the path before we walk onto it
Since there is not light to see

Yet when we FEEL the light
Even if the road is not seen
You are not in fear of walking onto it
You truly believe that you will be OK no matter what happens
There is nothing you need back from your time or energy
Since you believe that is what you want to experience
Without strings or manipulations

You see when there is fear, you find a way to tell yourself
What is right or wrong
Like a scale as to which side is heavier
Should you go this way or that

Balance is key
However under the umbrella of light
The balance is different
The balance is "do I really want to do this or not"
It is not, what will so and so think,
What will I get in return
Oh no, I may get hurt

Light doesn't hurt
Light doesn't judge
And Light doesn't tip the scales one way or another
All light does is give you the opportunity to see
And then you can decide what to do

When there is Fear
Fear breeds angers that you even have fear
So next time you are scared to do anything, remind yourself

That you simply want to see
You want to ask yourself
Why do I do this?
How do I do right by Me?

I fear nothing so that I don't miss a thing
I don't like you fear, You found a way to take me away from me
And now I see you from the sight of my light

That you are just in my head
You simply maneuvered me along
Until I could see you for what you are

Fear, you were in the corner of all my life's work
I take you off my path now
So that I walk past you
So that I could see
The light that shines behind you
When I use to be afraid to look

How simple a step it takes,
Only one more than my usual thoughts
I use to stop at you, fear
Because of the wall you built

Yet the wall had a door
That you covered up
Fear you are not the monster
It is the mask you wore so well

No comments: