Friday, March 7, 2008

Sweet Happiness (Good Times Never Seemed So Good)

Dear God:
Just let me do right by you
Things are in such a mix down here
People are happy at times
But mostly they are looking to be happy
They don't even see at times when they are taking the happiness they seek away from themselves

That is the hardest thing for me to see
I always feel like I want to help everyone at once
Like I want to take care of them
And then I realize over and over again
That every one is responsible for their own missions
And my love is only a part of it

But the things I find myself saying
Over and over again
Trust yourself enough to know that everything that is happening to you today, is meant to teach you something
And if you can't see it today, then it will keep on coming to your door until you can open the door
Our lives here are to learn about overcoming and growing onward in what we each come here to do

We seem to be devastated everytime something doesn't go our way or when anything happens to us
I know it is hard to face any problems, issues or mishaps
We all have our share
However it is how we deal with it that makes us different from each other

Not one of us has a monopoly on wisdom
We need each other
Some of us write, some entertain, some weld metal, some make homes, some sell food
If one cog in the wheel is missing, then the wheel can or will eventually fall off

It is hard to listen to person after person complain about everything that isn't working
And when I ask what is working
There is discounting
As though because it is working
It doesn't matter

The working things are the VERY things that matter
That is what keeps us believing in all the other things that don't matter
What is right for us and what isn't
Why or why not

WE don't seem to pay attention to the clues down here
We all seem to want what isn't ours and not want what is

God, I am not looking for answers in this
I am just telling you like it is
People could be a lot happier down here, around here, if only they could see the beauty
The beauty that is already here rather than always "waiting" until it gets here
We usually miss when it gets here
Because we always want so much more and we don't even know what that is

I wish we could remember how great it is to have running water
And enough food to eat
That if someone loves us for real, no matter who they are, that is a great feeling
That we don't chase things for our ego's
However create beauty with our hearts
That just having a home and a bed to sleep in really does mean a lot

I keep thinking that when we can get to that level of appreciation
That we start to feel more sure of other things
And we begin to create greater life around us
And fears subside
Then we start to trust that happiness is really available and present
And that it is not something that happens to us
Happiness is just waiting to be noticed

No comments: