Monday, March 10, 2008

Every Change is a Million Baby Steps

First you see it
Then you know what it is
Then you wish it
Then you think
How do I get to it?
How do I do it?

Then you see it again
You are attracted to it again
You think, wow, I wanted to do that, have that
And then you think, I will wait until another day to start towards it

And then you hear about it
And wonder why you have not acted on it yet
And you promise yourself you will

You can not start anything without starting it
You can not finish anything without starting it

The bottom line is to simply find a way to do it
You can not and will not do it all at once,
However if you start by seeing yourself do it
And then create a path to it
And figure out how it will look when you are there
When you have accomplished it
It is already done

Everyday is the time to start, even if you just look it up and find others who have tried
Everyday is another opportunity to take one more step
And then another
You see, action is motivation
It is not the finish line that is the fun
It is getting there and the appreciation
You will love

It is the fuel of the next thing we wish
Then want
Then plan
Then do

None of us can change all at once
Knowing how to change is what changes in us
Accepting that we can change changes us
We spend our whole lives trying not to change
When we are all about Change

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Nadia,

It always amazes me to think that when you write your messages, you're not writing it directly to me. I have so many challanges goiong on right now (all surrounding money and career) that it is hard to step back and look at all the little pieces that go into a big decision. (I am saying this after our talk last night and also after todays actual message.) So today, I am dedicating myself to quiet time and a time to go in and see where maybe I am playing a role in not achieving all the little choices that need to be made and what will ultimately lead to the big decisions I have before me. I will share one thought with you and everyone that reads this blog and maybe it might help others, too. I am facing losing my house and I have just lost my car. I have tried to be a freelance photographer but for some time now, I have not been able to make the income needed to cover all the exspenses. So I knew that I would have to make the decision to continue my golas and dreams but I would need to work another job with an assured amount of money. So everyday, I wake up half-heartedly look for work, apply here and there and hmmm, what do ya know, no reults. Eventually, I realized that ok, why am I dreading for looking for job, it took some deep probing and man, what I discovered just blew me away. I didn't want to have to go interviews because I was thinking of all the reasons someone would reject me. I'm fat (ouch), I don't have a degree, I have an unusual resume that has unique xperiences, I'm fat, I'm fat, I'm fat and ugly, I have nothing to offer, why would anyone want to hire me. I was shocked to know that I was thinking these things about myself. Then I probed deeper, had I created the situation I am in? Dang, don't you hate when the answer is yes! With all that I mentioned, I then felt unworthy, and sure enough, the things that I feel unworthy of are the things I am losing. Now I am not saying that I woke up this morning with all the answer on how to make things right, but I did wake up knowing that today, I need to love myself, I need to change my thinking of myself and my worth. I wrote, I watched the video of you, I taped inspirational messages on the mirror. Maybe my problems will not be solved in one day (would anyone like to give me a job?) but I do know that today, I woke up and made choice, a small choice. Love myself and we will see what follows.

Duke said...

duke
March 23, 2008 at 12:17 pm

Peace be with the moderator , as well as those reading this message.
The time has come.
I am here to bring judgment to the living and the dead.
The harvest is ripe. Pass this on to fellow believers.

The Faithful Witness
Duke