Friday, March 7, 2008

Truth is Truth is Truth

The people who make a big deal out of nothing
Are the one's who make nothing out of a big deal as well
It is a big deal when they are not the ones to do something
And then when they do that something, they say so what

It is called the old double standard
We do it with others
And we do it with ourselves

We think everything is OK if we do it
And then we will really give it to someone if they take on the same liberty
As though our anger with ourselves is stronger than our anger for them
But we can't get mad at ourselves for it so we take it out on them

And then they think we are hypocrites
And we would be by then
Which puts us further in the hole within ourselves
Since now we are not only doing something we don't respect
We now have hypocrite to add to the list
And denial
And rejection of anyone who reminds us of what we don't like about ourself

Do you see how it starts,
The stem of what we do and why we get to where we are
Wouldn't it be nicer to ourselves to simply not go about business
In a way that we don't respect ourselves for

Whether it be talking about someone else in a way we wouldn't want to hear about ourselves
Doing something we don't think is right and trying to make excuses for ourselves
Using others to release our angers rather than to look at ourselves as to why we have it

So what's next?
Catching ourselves
When we start speaking of another in a way we know isn't right
To listen to what we are saying in filling in our own name
That is sobering

To think twice before doing anything that is hurting us
By asking ourselves, an I doing this to take away from myself,
To punish me for being scared to be happy all the way?
To sabotage my life so that I don't have to go forward?
Why am I choosing to do this?

When I start expressing anger to another
Stop myself by asking myself
Why am I REALLY Angry at this person
Do they remind me of the parts that I don't like or respect in myself so I use them to be mad at?

We are told how to help ourselves,
Over and over again
Yet there are all these programs to do this or that

This is not a program,
This is life, Life is not a program
Life is a way to live
With answers to go back to our essence,
To truth, love and purity

We will only solve anything
When we ourselves stem from truth, love or purity
Ask yourself your intentions
And you will find answers that you haven't seen before so readily
Yet they are answers you can live with once you think them

It will relieve you and those you love
To have a chance to live in truth
And to find love
And to recognize how it feels to touch on your honest feelings, which is your purity
So simple is the truth, so varied on how to get to it

No comments: